Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents of Singapore must purchase and hold a valid Casino Entry Levy to enter the casino. To assist individuals who are required to purchase the Casino Entry Levy, Marina Bay Sands would like to provide helpful information to ensure you are prepared for your visit to the casino.
Types of Levy:
Entry Levy Rules
- Entry Levy required for entry by Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are required to purchase a valid Entry Levy before entering the casino:
- Entry Levy of S$100 for every consecutive period of 24 hours; or
- Entry Levy of S$2,000 for a consecutive period of 12 months.
- It is an OFFENCE for any Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident to enter the Casino premises without purchasing a valid Entry Levy.
- If you are convicted, you may be liable for a fine of up to S$1,000 and the amount of Entry Levy due for the period of entry.
- Entry and Exit Only Through Designated Lanes
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are to enter and exit the casino premises solely through the lanes designated “Singapore/PR”.
- Persons who are not Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents are to enter and exit the casino premises solely through the lanes designated “Foreigners”.
- Over-stay without a valid Entry Levy
- If your entry levy has expired, it is an OFFENCE if you:
- remain in the Casino i.e., over-stay; and
- fail to pay the entry levy/levies for the over-stay period before leaving the casino.
- If you are convicted, you may be liable for a fine up to S$1,000 and the amount of entry levy/levies due for the over-stay period.
- Please CHECK that your entry levy is valid before exiting the Casino premises by swiping your identification document at the kiosks located near the casino exits.
- If your entry levy has expired, please proceed to the cashier’s cage to purchase the entry levy/levies due for the over-stay period before exiting the casino.
- Additional Information on Entry Levy
- Entry Levy payments may be made by cash, Nets/Direct Debit or credit card only.
- Entry Levies paid are neither refundable nor transferable.
- Identification Documents for Verification Checks
Patrons must upon request produce valid identification documents for verification checks of their age, identity and entry levy payment status (if applicable).
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents may provide the following identification documents:
- Residents’ National Registration Identification Cards (the “NRICs”);
- Driving licences issued by the Singapore Traffic Police (“Singapore Driving Licences”);
- Singapore Armed Forces (“SAF”) identification cards;
- Singapore Civil Defence Force National Services (“SCDF NS”) identification cards;
- Singapore Police Force National Service (“SPF NS”)
- Re-entry permits with passports issued to Singapore Permanent Residents (“SPRs”);
- Passports issued by the Singapore Government; or
- NRIC collection slips issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (“ICA”), together with an original identification document issued by the Singapore Government which contains both a photo identification and date birth
- Patrons who are not Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents, may provide the following identification documents:
- Foreign passport with short-term immigration pass (Note: This includes group passports with the particulars and photograph of each member in the group);
- Long-term visit pass with photograph identification
- Long-term visit pass without photograph identification together with foreign passport;
- Student pass with photograph identification
- Student pass without photograph identification together with foreign passport;
- Work pass;
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Identification Cards Issued to Diplomats in Foreign Embassies and Professional Staff in International Organisations;
- Special pass with photograph identification issued by the Ministry of Manpower or the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority; or
- Dependent’s pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower.
How to Purchase Entry Levy:
Entry Levy can be purchased at the following locations:
- Entry Levy Kiosks and Cashier Counters located at the entrances to the casino
- From AXS Machines
Identity Documents will be required for verification when purchasing Entry Levy.